South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- LG Chem boosts diverse ESG campaigns
- Dawn begins mandatory military service
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- South Korea’s digital reputation dented by government network outage